Make a Tribute or Memorial Gift
Honor Someone Special
Making a tribute gift is an excellent way to recognize someone dear to you or to celebrate a special occasion, such as a birthday, anniversary or holiday. You can show your love and help the people who depend on the Educational Alliance at the same time! Plus, it's easy, green, and meaningful.
Memorial gifts honor the memory of a loved one, or express your sympathy. If someone has made a difference in your life, there's no better way to honor them than to make a difference in the lives of people in need.
When you make a tribute or memorial gift, we will send a personalized card to your honoree or their family to let them know about your thoughtful gesture.
Need a Gift Idea?
- Request that your friends and family make donations instead of purchasing gifts for your birthday, or honor your guests with a donation in lieu of party favors. Click here for a sample invitation you might send, letting them know about your project.
- Honor a college graduate with a donation to our College Prep program.
- Celebrate a new baby with a donation to our programs for low-income kids.
- Honor a Bar or Bat Mitzvah by sponsoring a meal at Project ORE, our program for homeless and mentally ill Jewish older adults.
- Show gratitude to a teacher by making a gift to our after school or art school programs.
- Celebrate your parents' wedding anniversary with a donation to our senior programs - show them they raised you right!
Your donation is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law. We guarantee that 85 cents of every dollar you donate goes directly to helping a New Yorker in need. Please consider the opportunity to double the impact of your gift by having it matched by your employer!
For more information or to make a gift by phone, please call (646) 395-4086 or email us. To make a donation by mail, please send a check made payable to The Educational Alliance, 197 East Broadway, New York, NY 10002 and write "Tribute Gift" or "Memorial Gift" along with the honoree’s name in the memo line.