On This Page
This Month's Menus
Whittaker Center members get a jam-packed calendar of events, cultural celebrations, deeply discounted tickets to popular shows, and innovative health & wellness programs. Plus, the Center serves a free, hot kosher breakfast and lunch, Mondays - Fridays (suggested donation of $1 for breakfast and $1.50 for lunch).
The Whittaker Center and Co-Op Village NORC recently expanded their membership options so there's sure to be a class, workshop or event for everyone! Activities and classes are designed to be engaging and enjoyable -- while meeting a variety of interests, fitness and health levels. For more information on the membership options, click here.
Arts & Culture
- Learn to paint in acrylics
- Create your own projects using yarn, beading, buttons, paper, fabrics, mosaic tiles, and clay.
- Learn to knit your own scarves, sweaters, afghans and other items from experts.
- Alliance Stage Theater Group
- 6 week course
- Learn to send emails and search the internet along with other basic skills!
Dance, Yoga and Fitness
Progressive fitness and wellness programming that addresses the needs of older adults. Our innovative, challenging classes are designed to inspire motivate and energize.
- Cardio Core Strength
- Tai Chi
Classes are leveled so members can work at their own pace. [Back to Top]
- Deepen your understanding of Jewish tradition and ethics through lecture and discussion!
- Current events
- Literary group
- Contemporary issues facing older adults [Back to Top]
- Discounted theater tickets [Back to Top]
Check our new monthly newsletter for specific information, dates, & times!
- Various workshops and seminars that are offered throughout the year!
- Sharing similar beliefs and interests, older adults and teens meet and discuss contemporary issues. [Back to Top]
- Long-term care planning
- Assistance in obtaining entitlement benefits
- Referrals for home care services, homebound meals, legal services
- Crisis Intervention
- Access to an emergency alarm response system
- Nursing Services
- Supportive counseling [Back to Top]
"Whittaker Center is a haven where I can meet friends, attend classes and lectures. It is my home away from home."
- Charlotte Rick
"If it weren't for the staff and programs at Whittaker Center I would be lost. When I'm at Whittaker Center I'm at ease, I don't have a worry in the world. I've been coming to The Educational Alliance since I was 8 years old. Volunteering is my way to give back to The Educational Alliance for what they have done for me and my family throughout my lifetime. It is my home away from home."
Don't be a bore
We have exercise, dancing and classes galore
So don't stay at home
Come out and make friends
You won't be sorry
The fun never ends
At our home away from Home
-Sandra Schurberg, November 2008