Early Childhood Education
A History of Excellence
Our record as a leader in early childhood education is well-established and continues today.
In 1965, Educational Alliance was chosen to run a national pilot program of Head Start. In 1995, we were one of only 20 providers selected nationally to launch the Early Head Start initative. A few years later, our 14th Street Y launched one of NYC's first 2x2 "separated" programs, where toddlers and their parents gradually learn to feel comfortable separating so the little ones can happily attend preschool classes on their own.
Choose a Program
All of our programs have a high standard of excellence focused on building your child's social skills, contributing to a happy family life, and laying the foundation for his/her successful academic future. For more information about our programs and how to apply, choose one of the following:
* Educational Alliance Preschool at the Manny Cantor Center at 197 E. Broadway (Lower East Side)
* The 14th Street Y Preschool at 344 E. 14th Street (East Village)
* Babies & Toddlers at the Manny Cantor Center
* Babies & Toddlers Classes at the 14th Street Y
* Head Start, Child Care, Early Head Start
* Summer Programs